½ cup of milk
1 tablespoon of mustard, salt and pepper (spicy if you’re risky!)
8 slices of Bread
1 cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Brown sausage and drain grease. Set to the side.
2. In bowl, mix the six eggs, mustard, milk, salt and pepper until blended.
3. In a square baking pan or backing dish, crumble the 8 slices of bread at the bottom of the pan (lightly toast if preferred).
4. Layer sausage over bread, and then pour mixture on top. Once that has been done, spread sharp cheddar cheese on the top.
5. Place in refrigerator overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350º F. Bake in the morning for 30 minutes.
7. Let sit for 10 minutes and serve in squares.
8. **Can be eaten alone or with bread, jelly and/or syrup, etc… your choice.
“This was a family secret.. One taught to me by my Aunt Ruby…when she and my six cousins moved in with us my third grade year, since my uncle was in the military and would be gone for a while.
**Should you have 12 people to feed in your house (like we did at one time) double the order…
– Blessings and Thanks Aunt Ruby!”