Cook Time: 1 h 15 min
Servings: 2 loaves
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons soda
4 cups flour
6 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
1 cup finely chopped pecans Note: This is a moist, buttery banana bread loaded with banana flavor.
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture. Stir in bananas and chopped pecans.
4. Pour banana nut bread batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans.
5. Bake at 325°F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (This banana nut bread recipe makes 2 loaves.)
– recipe provided by D. Rattray
REVIEW: “I cut the recipe in half. This was my first time ever making the banana nut bread. The recipe is very easy, it turned out so good even my husband loved it. I’m going to make this again soon. I definitely recommend this recipe to everyone.”