Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Ready In: 20 min
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
1 cup butter flavored shortening
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time beating well with each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
“This is a secret family recipe for chocolate chip cookies! Everyone who tries them begs for more. Enjoy!!”
– recipe provided by N. Fausthunt