Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 60 min
Ready In: 75 min
Servings: 4 people
1 Tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
½ to 1 teaspoon lime juice
½ cup almond meal
4 teaspoons honey mustard or sweet prepared mustard
4 4-6-ounce skinless salmon fillets, skin removed
¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
¼ cup basil leaves
1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium low heat.
2. Add onion, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized, about 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Stir in lime juice and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease the bottom of a large baking dish with 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
5. Put almond meal into a wide, shallow dish and season salmon with salt and pepper.
6. Brush the top of each salmon fillet with mustard and then roll in almond meal, pressing to make sure it sticks.
7. Arrange salmon in prepared baking dish in a single layer and bake until just cooked through and flesh flakes with a fork, about 15 minutes.
8. Transfer salmon to plates, top with caramelized onions, garnish with green onions and basil and serve.
Submitted by Mrs. Nancy, who found it online and thinks it’s delicious!