Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40-45 min
Ready In: 60 min
Servings: 12-16 people
2 deep-dish pie crusts
6 large eggs, beaten
1 cup granulated white sugar
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 ½ Tablespoons all purpose flour
1 ½ sticks butter or margarine, softened
1 ½ cups light corn syrup
1 ½ teasoiibs vanilla
2 cups halved or coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat eggs.
3. In a bowl mix white and brown sugars and flour.
4. Add mix to eggs, along with butter, syrup, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
5. Stir in pecans. It is best to stir mix with pecans just before pouring into pie shells so that you get a fairly even number of pecans in both pies.
6. Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes, until set.
7. Do not overcook. Watch to be sure it is not jiggling too much. It will be runny if it is. If it is dark enough, but still not set, turn oven off and leave for 10 minutes or so.
*This pie is EXCELLENT because it is LESS sweet than your typical Karo pecan pie. Light syrup makes a big difference!
“If you quit eating pecan pie as I did because it was too sweet, THIS IS THE PIE FOR YOU! This is less sweet and I’ve been told, the BEST PECAN PIE IN THE WORLD!”
– recipe provided by Kimberly W.