Cook Time: 40-50 min
1 cup miniature marshmallows
2 10 oz packages of frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
1 3 oz package of strawberry flavored gelatin
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1½ cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup shortening
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Grease bottom only of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan.
3. Thoroughly combine thawed strawberries and their syrup with dry gelatin – set aside.
4. In large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
5. Make a well in the center and add shortening, milk, vanilla and eggs.
6. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat 3 minutes at medium speed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
7. Pour batter evenly over marshmallows in pan. Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over batter.
8. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
– Recipe provided by Carmen S.