Prep Time: 20-25 Minutes
Cook Time: 40-50 Minutes
Ready In: 60-75 Minutes
1 (18 ¼-ounce) package yellow cake mix
8 Tablespoons butter, melted Filling:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
3. To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.
4. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
1. For a Pineapple Gooey Cake: Instead of the pumpkin, add a drained 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese filling. Proceed as directed above.
2. For a Banana Gooey Cake: Prepare cream cheese filling as directed, beating in 2 ripe bananas instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.
3. For a Peanut Butter Gooey Cake: Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese filling instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.
1 thought on “Ooey-Gooey Pumpkin Cake”
So yummy. Sometimes I make yummy stuff and freeze little pieces and take a taste when needed. Praise God for His help.