Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ready In: 50 min
Servings: 4 – 6
1 medium sweet onion
4-6 red potatoes, cut in wedges
1 can sweet corn
1 large can of French Style green beans slightly drained
4-6 slices of bacon slightly drained
1 lb beef Polska Kielbasa sausage, sliced into bite sized pieces
salt & pepper to taste
1. Scrub red potatoes (I like skins on) and cut into bite size pieces.
2. Cook bacon in large skillet. Add onion and potatoes.
3. Cook on med-high 5-7 minutes, stir frequently.
4. Add sausage and continue to stir until sausage begins to brown.
5. Turn heat down to low adding corn and green beans. For low sodium diets, skip salt and sprinkle with pepper.
6. Cook on low, covered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Don’t lift lid for 30 minutes.
7. Serve with warm corn bread and green salad. This is a great meal to double and freeze for a later meal or to have frozen to take a meal to someone.
“My husband & I were newlyweds. He was in his last year of residency and I was working in downtown Houston. Sometimes we wouldn’t get home until late. I refused to eat fast-foods so I had to come up with something that tasted good, was nutritious, yet it didn’t take over an hour before we could eat. I’ve since made this by the batches for Wed. night dinners at church.”
– recipe provided by Dee Dee